Sildenafil or Sildenafil Citrate is the name of a drug that is used to treat erectile dysfunction and is sold under different trade names. Readers should understand that Viagra is a brand that was originally produced by a pharmaceutical company (Pfizer) in 1990. Popularly, all brands of sildenafil are called Viagra.
Why Viagra should be used with care:
Optimal use of a drug means prescribing an appropriate dose to the correct patient and providing adequate information on how to use it. It is also important to make sure patients are aware of possible side effects and what to do in case of adverse effects. These are some of the side effects of drugs like Viagra.
In my opinion, there are many men who use sildenafil without consulting a doctor by purchasing it through websites. Products that could be potentially fatal due to counterfeiting.
Sildenafil is seen as a quick fix and is given as a placebo for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men with psychological problems. However, these patients may begin to believe that their sex is solely dependent on the drug and continue to do so without consulting a doctor. In these cases, it is always very important to know the properties of the drug and receive a good sexual education
Viagra, whether administered orally or by injection, can cause adverse effects, some mild and others more severe, such as increased pressure, headaches, blurred vision, burning eyes, nasal congestion, dizziness, facial flushing, etc. Some of these symptoms only last a few minutes.
Instructions for taking Viagra:
• A minimum waiting time of 45 minutes to 1 hour is required between taking the tablet and initiating sexual intercourse.
In the interval of time, it is important to have erotic thoughts rather than anxiously looking at the clock. Remember, sildenafil will only contribute to an erection in the presence of adequate sexual stimulation.
• Large meals should be avoided on the day of taking the tablet.
• A minimum of 2 hours is required between the last meal and the pill. For example, at 6:00 pm dinner time and at 8:00 pm take the tablet and then test the report around 9:00 pm
• Don’t expect miracles on the first try of use. Allow yourself at least 6-7 tries to get your body used to it. • Direct stimulation of the penis after taking the tablet can be of great help.
• If possible, discuss the use of sildenafil with your partner, which can help you get an erection.
• If you are taking medication for health problems, it is advisable to be careful and consult your specialist. Read the leaflet or talk to your doctor
Viagra: Dosage and method of administration
Oral use. Use in adults: The recommended dose is 50 mg, as needed, to be taken approximately one hour before sexual activity. Depending on efficacy and tolerability, the dose can be increased to 100 mg or decreased to 25 mg.
The maximum recommended dose is 100 mg. The product should not be administered more than once a day. If VIAGRA is taken with food, the onset of action may be delayed compared to fasting (see Section 5.2).
Viagra: use in the elderly
Since sildenafil clearance is reduced in elderly patients, an initial dose of 25 mg should be used. Depending on efficacy and tolerability, the dose can be increased to 50 mg and 100 mg.
Use in patients with renal impairment: The dosage recommendations described in the section Use in adults also apply to patients with mild to moderate renal impairment (creatinine clearance = 30-80 ml.
Curiosities of Viagra
Viagra may be the king of drug sales. Currently 6 blue pills are consumed per second. It is one of the most counterfeit drugs in the world. But we can also tell you that:
• Viagra was born with another objective, although it is now approved for an oral therapy for the treatment of erectile dysfunctions, the objective was to cure angina pectoris. As a result of the side effect, it ended up being a very successful therapy.
• Makes plants grow since supplying 2% of a daily dose to roses, carnations and daisies keeps them fresh for much longer.
• The meaning of the word Viagra is a mystery, it is believed that the root of the word means vigor, vitality. But others claim that the word was chosen because it sounds good. Others say it comes from the Sanskrit word Vyaghra (tiger).
• It should not be consumed with grapefruit juice because it can block the action and neither with foods rich in fat because they delay the effect.
• Viagra is not an aphrodisiac, let it be clear that it does not intervene in desire.