There are several types of servers:
- Remote Access (RAS)
- Of mails
- Of data
- From fax
- Of impressions
- Of security
- Of use
- Not dedicated
What is a server for?
A server is an “electronic brain” that has specific applications; These go according to the needs of the user who decides to complement his productivity with him. It can be a small, even old computer, or a huge, powerful, and up-to-date computer.
Basically, a server is used to:
- Store a database
- Registration of new data generated in the work center
- Safeguarding confidential and work data
- Control the accuracy of equipment operation in the company
- Generate or provide telephone and internet services
As an example, a server can be a computer that is in a store, in which the necessary database is stored for the registration of the sales of all the boxes and the products in the price verifiers .
The servers are generally located in a reserved room where a router is connected, which channels the data to the various terminals .
A server is a computer that generates or saves data to be provided at the required time. It can also be programmed to carry out activities such as scheduled collections from delinquent debtors or promotions dedicated to certain types of consumers.
In a factory or company, there may be different types of servers:
- Servers destined to carry out programmed functions for machines , maquilas or precision devices.
- Servers in charge of saving the data of purchase and sale , payment of salaries or workforce templates; Among other functions.
A large-scale server is capable of generating or providing telephony, internet or data services in general.