The wd 40 is a multipurpose product that has the ability to unblock any part that is stuck, lubricates all kinds of things, helps protect metal from corrosion or rust and displaces moisture. It also cleans water stains on sliding bathroom doors and a variety of surfaces from grime, grime, and tough-to-tear greases. All this is due to its great versatility and excellent cleaning and protective properties.
Benefits of wd 40
The active ingredient in this powerful volatile viscous oil can be applied to a variety of items to lubricate and protect them from moisture. It can be diluted with some hydrocarbon to form a softer liquid so that it can enter the cracks.
It is an effective protector against corrosion and oxidation of machinery, metal parts and various tools so that they last much longer. It can achieve moisture from panels and switches to avoid short circuits. It also cleans electrical contacts and restores small motors to their original function.
It has a powerful penetrating power that makes it an excellent cleaning product and an effective polish for chrome, plastic, stainless steel or metal surfaces, it removes dirt and resin residues without damaging them.
It contains a sufficiently penetrating action that you fast to unblock, release, loosen various blocked, oxidized and excessively dirty, greasy or lumpy parts. It is a product with a powerful lubricating power for various mechanisms such as doors, locks, annoying squeaks, windows or bars, thus achieving its best performance.
Its double action system can prevent the loss of the cannula and promotes a wide or precise application depending on the need.
This product is surprising due to the large number of uses it can be put to. Among the most outstanding are:
- Minimize scratches on marble and ceramic floors.
- Protects silver from oxidation.
- It can untangle jewelry chains.
- Eliminate tar that sticks to cars.
- Erases tomato, coffee or tea stains from clothing, crayon marks on walls, pen and lipstick spills.
- Loosen fasteners that harden on clothing, rusted bolts and nuts.
- Keep mosquitoes and flies away from livestock.
- Lubricates guitar strings and umbrella opening systems.
- Leaves floors shiny as if they were freshly waxed.
- Eliminates oxidation from terracotta and ceramic pots.
- Lubricates scissors, braces, washing machine belts, electric pullers, fan shafts, bicycle chains, swings, sliding windows, door hinges, lawn mowers and more.
- Remove the glues from the masking tapes.
- Clean kitchen ovens, toilets, and glue stains.
- It is used as a repellent for birds that stand on balconies, insects, and bees’ nests.
- Keeps furniture clean.
- Protect and clean footwear.
- You can achieve lubrication of the hinges of the doors of the vehicles and those of the whole house.
- It removes the stains that insects leave on vehicles when they hit them on the tracks and ruin the paint of the same.
- Removes grills from stains on stainless steel pan and sinks.
- Clean and repair chalkboards.
- Prevents rust blades, saws and other types of tools.
- Helps loosen the gum.
- Remove hardened toothpaste residue in the bathroom and toilet stains.
- Prevents mold.
- It is an excellent repellent for snails and slugs.
- Takes the squeak out of heels.
- Helps remove stuck rings.
- Brightens up fake plants.
Wd 40 formula
The composition of this excellent product is:
- 15 +% mineral oil or light lubricant.
- 50% flammable liquid stoddard solvent.
- 10-% inert ingredients.
- 25% liquid petroleum gas, carbon dioxide is currently used to make it less flammable.
Wd 40 precautions
When using this lubricant product, the following precautions should be observed:
- Smoking should be avoided when using it, as it is a flammable product.
- It is recommended not to inhale it and avoid contact with the eyes.
- It is important not to throw the waste down the drains, to avoid clogging.
- When used on floors, walk carefully not to slip.
- This product must be prevented from entering surface and groundwater.
- If an accident occurs and the product enters clean water pipes, it is recommended to call the authorities in charge of these cases.
- It should be stored in spaces that are well ventilated.
- It is important to follow the directions on the label and in the instructions for use.
- It is recommended to keep it away from other flammable products.
- Avoid storing cleaning cloths soaked with this product in clothing pockets.
- It is best to keep it tightly closed in its original packaging.
- Avoid contact with the skin.
- It is recommended to keep away from children.
Side effects of wd 40
Like any lubricant product, when used it can generate some adverse effects such as those that we will mention below:
- Skin irritations.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Skin burns.
- Eye irritation.
- Chemical pneumonitis.
- Severe lung damage from inhalation.
- Digestive system problems.
- Central nervous system affection.
- Hypersensitivity or toxicity.
- Dryness or cracking of the skin.
- Including death.
Conclusion of the use of the wd 40
To conclude, it can be said that this lubricant product generates a great variety of uses that are very helpful to clean, penetrate, protect, repel and lubricate. It can clean hard-to-remove lumps of grease and rusty metal parts, loosen stuck objects, avoid moisture by creating protective layers on different surfaces or metals, thanks to its powerful ingredients it can lubricate the spaces where it is applied and protect it from corrosion.
Dr. Samantha Robson ( CRN: 0510146-5) is a nutritionist and website content reviewer related to her area of expertise. With a postgraduate degree in Nutrition from The University of Arizona, she is a specialist in Sports Nutrition from Oxford University and is also a member of the International Society of Sports Nutrition.