Rowatinex is an anti- inflammatory and especially an antilysiatic of the urinary tract, it generally serves as a collaborator to eliminate kidney stones since it acts from the kidney.
It is pre-indicated for the treatment of diseases such as: lithiasis, urolithiasis, cystitis, nephrolithiasis, postoperative stone prophylaxis.
Its composition is based on a mixture of oils that provide anti-inflammatory, spasmolytic and analgesic properties. The oils are derived from substances called terpenes, which create monoterpenes, which when rapidly adsorbed, level the urinary colloids, which allows the removal of kidney stones found in the urinary tract.
❶ Uses of Rowatinex
It was specially designed for patients with problems in the urinary system, so it can be said that it is used to:
- Relieve normal urinary or kidney colic pain, be it light and / or moderate.
- Minimize inflammation in the kidney and urinary tract.
- Helps maceration and expulsion of stones from the urinary tract.
- Combat acute, chronic and recurrent urinary tract infections including pyelonephritis, urethritis, cystitis, prostatitis, pyelitis.
- Prevent the formation of kidney stones.
- It works as a urinary analgesic and antibacterial.
- Contributes to the optimal functioning of the urinary tract.
It is not fully approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the body that evaluates food and medicines in the United States, since there is still no conclusive evidence of its pharmacological action, however, it has been well seen by doctors who have used it. They are prescribed for the expulsion, control and prevention of stones.
❷ Composition of rowatinex
Rowatinex is effective thanks to the action and contribution of some essential oils, these oils are derived from substances called terpenes, which work as antilysiatic and antispasmodic. Each capsule contains:
- Alfa-Pineno: 31 mg
- Canfeno: 15 mg
- Borneol: 10 mg
- Anetol: 4 mg
- Fencona: 4 mg
- Cineol: 3 mg
- Olive oil
❸ How to take Rowatinex
This is available in liquid form, its content is a pale yellow or greenish yellow oil and in soft capsules.
The recommended dose can vary according to the medical prescription, usually the doses can be:
- For adults: 3 to 5 drops. 3 times a day.
Use the dropper provided to measure just the right dose.
In the case of consuming capsules, the recommended doses:
- Children 6 to 14 years: 1 capsule. 2 times a day. Preferably before each meal.
- Adults: From 1 to 2 capsules. 3 times a day, before each meal.
It is important for treatment in children, to have the medical recommendation and / or to have a prescription before its administration, since it can be harmful to their health.
❹ Side effects
It has been shown through studies in a small number of patients to have minor and few significant stomach problems and discomfort, nausea, vomiting.
In other cases, toxicological studies in animals suggest that exceeding the dose of the essential oil composition can lead to experiencing respiratory failure, stupor, seizures, and hyperactivity or cravings.
❺ Precautions and Contraindications
- The medicine may contain components that cause allergic reactions, so before taking rowatinex, talk to your doctor if you are allergic to the formula or any other substance that may contain it.
- It should not be consumed by patients treated with anticoagulants or drugs with pharmacokinetic action that involve the liver.
- Its use during pregnancy could bring complications, therefore it is not recommended during lactation and first months of pregnancy.
- It is contraindicated for people with severe infections, colic. In this case, it may require surgical treatment.
- It is contraindicated for people suffering from anuria, oliguria or a significant decrease in kidney function.
- It is contraindicated for patients suffering from epilepsy.
- The treating physician must be kept informed of the medications he is taking, psychotropic drugs, anticoagulants or other drugs.
- Before starting the treatment, it is recommended to visit your most trusted urologist, to evaluate the case and prescribe the correct dose and treatment.
- Talk to your doctor, pharmacist or specialist before taking this or any medicine, do not self-medicate, avoid inconveniences and consequences on your health and well-being.
❻ Interactions with other medications or substances
Due to its chemical composition linked to terpenes and high metabolic speed, this drug forms cytochrome P-450 enzymes (CY2A6 and CYP286), which are induced and lead to drug interactions where they can reduce or enhance the dose or effect of the drug. For this reason, it should never be taken in combination with blood thinners or other drugs.
It is important that you find out that the benefits or risks that the consumption of psychotropic drugs may have an effect are not yet known, so make it a habit to carry a list of the medications you are taking, without leaving any out, and find out about all of them at your disposal. doctor.
❼ General recommendations
It represents an alternative way to prevent kidney stones. However, its use in certain cases should be consulted with a doctor, especially when your health is compromised with a specific problem, eventuality or condition.
Finally, renal lithiasis is a disease where there is the presence of kidney stones or stones that cause pain and infections in the urinary tract. Generalized treatment worldwide is through a surgical intervention called lithotripsy, which is in the case of patients with stones or stones larger than 6 millimeters.
It is important to bear in mind that patients who suffer or suffer consecutive minor kidney stones, can, in parallel to the use of drugs, follow a series of natural recommendations:
- Intake of plenty of fluids: It is recommended to drink 8 glasses of water daily. Also consume lemon, orange and grapefruit juices, apple juice infusions, diuretic herbs (parsley, dandelions, and nettle, organic celery, horsetail).
- Avoid eating foods with high levels of protein, sugar, and sodium.
- Clean or purify the kidneys at least twice a year.
The Rowatinex is part of a group of important medicines and recognized by doctors and specialists, which have proved very effective to eliminate and expel kidney stones and urinary bladder.