We all want to be able to feel good and healthy, free from disease, and for this we need to know the products we consume, whether they are homemade or processed. Today we bring potato juice , this food is used to treat a wide variety of medical and aesthetic conditions.
There are several foods that, when used in the form of drinks, provide a great variety of healing properties, as well as the large cosmetic industries use them for their products. Its high nutritional value and culinary versatility make potato juice not only the best tuber, but also one of the healthiest foods in the world.
Potato juice has properties that help our body to be stronger against diseases, and prevent them. This tuber thus becomes the essential food in homes. Its healing benefits are:
- Helps against gastritis and ulcers: A little of this drink in the morning before breakfast, helps treat these ills.
- Against respiratory problems and blood sugar problems: It helps to reduce blood sugar levels, it is also a good treatment against diseases in the respiratory organs and prevents diseases such as emphysema. All this scientifically proven.
- Prevents cancer: Consuming this food in liquid form, helps to contribute greatly to the cure of cancer and some other serious diseases. A study found that the raw potato substance was found to be effective in suppressing the growth of tumor cells.
- Excellent against liver and kidney diseases: It has a detoxifying effect that helps cleanse the liver. It is recommended to consume it every morning before having breakfast.
- To have more energy: Consuming potato juice, along with other foods (carrot and apple), reduces fatigue. Its daily consumption will help to obtain more energy during the days.
- Against skin problems: Its high content of vitamin C, helps to have a more radiant and refreshing skin, reducing dryness. On the face it fights and prevents acne and blackheads. The consumption of this drink removes toxins from the skin, as long as it is consumed daily. Besides that it is effective against cellulite.
- Combat constipation: Its consumption can be used as a treatment against migraines that are usually frequent, apart from constipation. It is an excellent solution in the morning before having breakfast.
Potto game properties
Potato juice is made from a starchy tuber. It is an edible food of the Solanum tuberosum, a species of plant of the nightshade family. Its high nutritional value and culinary versatility make it the most widely grown and consumed food in the world.
It exists in different sizes and colors, if the potato is large it means that it has matured, while if it is small, it means that it is still immature. The thin skin can be yellow, brown or reddish in color. For its part, starchy meat is commonly white or yellow in color and its texture can vary from waxy to mealy.
The texture affects depending on the way it is cooked. The skin is a natural means, which serves for the detoxification of the body and is the source of many nutrients.
Although there are many benefits that can be obtained from this food in the form of a drink, there are other benefits that can be obtained if it is consumed with the shell, especially raw. Consuming it that way, you can obtain valuable ingredients, such as:
- The carbohydrates.
- Vitamins C. (Take into account that part of it is lost in the cooking process. The raw potato of about 150gr, has about 27gr of the vitamin, obtaining 45% of the recommended daily intake).
- Vitamins B6.
No matter how this food is consumed, consuming it in the form of a drink or raw has its benefits.
Warnings when preparing potato juice
Being a tuber, it is a very delicate food, because it comes from the earth, which is often the cause of different diseases. Its preparation is very delicate, but not difficult. It is important that its consumption is when the product is fresh, just after its preparation. As you should also use fresh potatoes. It should be noted that:
- Before starting the process, both in the potato skin and under it there are a large amount of nutrients, that is why it is necessary to extract the juice without peeling the potatoes. (Make sure the potatoes are organic and do not contain pesticide residues that they leave on the skin.)
- Potatoes should not have sprouts, nor be green or stained, in this state it can cause certain diseases, due to an alkaloid that it has (solanine) that is toxic and can cause symptoms such as diarrhea, headache, dizziness, nausea, among others.
- Onions and potatoes should not be stored in the same container. They both emit certain gases that cause them to break down each other.
Side effects of consuming potato juice
Excess consumption of potato juice can become contradictory and cause alterations in the body. The side effects that can occur are illnesses caused by poor juice preparation, which are caused by poor product cleaning (diarrhea, nausea, dizziness, among others).
It should not be combined with processed products without a prior medical check-up. A good use of the juice, as well as good care, will avoid these side effects. Also a medical visit will help prevent diseases.
There are many foods that give us great nutrients, these being beneficial to our health, but none contributes as much as potatoes or in this case, potato juice. Its great benefits make it the most nutritious tuber in the world.
Although there are many ways to consume the potato, the best way to take advantage of its nutrients is raw or in the form of juice. It is recommended to drink it on an empty stomach, to start the day with energy and cleanse the body. If you have tried this juice before, we invite you to leave us your comment about it. Thanks for reading!
Dr. Samantha Robson ( CRN: 0510146-5) is a nutritionist and website content reviewer related to her area of expertise. With a postgraduate degree in Nutrition from The University of Arizona, she is a specialist in Sports Nutrition from Oxford University and is also a member of the International Society of Sports Nutrition.