Nettle tea comes from the wild nettle plant, which is used medicinally. It contains numerous therapeutic properties, provides decongestant and antihistamine qualities, provides great nutritional benefits and improves the strengthening of the immune system.
This plant has a high content of vitamins A, B, C and E, it is also rich in minerals, calcium, iron, zinc and magnesium, which makes it very important for the growth and development of children, delaying aging, maintaining healthy eyesight and benefit the immune, muscular and nervous systems, among others.
The nettle tea has great influence to cure various diseases and inflammations of the urinary system. It has excellent laxative effects to help purify the body. Similarly, it is applied to treat spleen conditions, biliary and liver conditions.
What is nettle tea for?
The nettle tea can serve as a natural remedy, it helps to have good circulation, improve breathing problems and external factors beautify skin and hair.
It has a high content of histamine, which is a hormone that dilates blood vessels, it also has acetylcholine, it is responsible for the transmission of nerve impulses from neurons.
The vitamin C it contains allows the body to absorb the iron provided by this natural remedy, preventing the appearance of anemia. The juice of this plant is used to stop uterine and nasal bleeding, it can also cure diseases such as alopecia, gout and capillary diseases. It is used to activate the blood, produce energy and has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and astringent properties that have great potential to keep the body healthy.
Medicinal benefits of nettle tea
Thanks to all the components that this herb contains, many benefits can be generated that significantly improve some aspects related to the health of the human body. Here are the positive contributions generated by this medicinal plant:
It has the ability to improve blood system problems, regulate cholesterol levels and treat atherosclerosis disease. Due to its iron contributions, it prevents anemia and has the ability to stop some small bleeding.
Regulates the digestive system
By consuming the leaves, it stimulates the digestive system, increases the production of bile, which allows digestion to be improved. Nettle tea has a laxative effect that improves constipation problems and purifies the body. If you want to stop diarrhea, you can consume the root of this plant.
Take care of the dermis and hair
It is perfect for fighting acne, pimples, herpes and eczema. It serves to regenerate the scalp and improve conditions caused by dandruff, capillary seborrhea and hair loss, therefore it can be said that it is excellent for skin care.
Fight skin diseases
Its antibacterial and antiviral properties are very effective in helping various skin diseases caused by chickenpox, eczema and psoriasis. They can also be applied topically to relieve insect bites.
Heals wounds and burns
Its great healing power, quickly heals wounds and burns, therefore it will reduce the marks caused by them. Another benefit of nettle tea is that thanks to its antiviral and antibacterial properties, it has the ability to clean wounds and thus prevent infections from occurring.
Relieves muscle and joint pain
The anti-inflammatory power contained in nettle helps to improve diseases that are related to inflammations such as arthritis, tendonitis, gout, muscle tension and plantar fasciitis, at the same time reducing the pain caused by these diseases.
Improves prostate conditions
It helps to improve the problems of prostate hyperplasia, prostate growth and controls infections in these areas and the growth of tissues in it.
Reduces kidney and bladder infections
The diuretic properties it contains contribute to improving the frequency of the bladder and kidneys, it also has the ability to locate and disintegrate kidney stones and in turn expel them from the body.
Nettle tea is usually of great help to reduce flatulence, heartburn, diarrhea and constipation.
Strengthens the immune system
Its ability to immunize the body, allows you to fight diseases more quickly.
Keeps nerves healthy
Taking nettle tea provides the benefit of improving the nerves of the body and in turn alleviating the problems caused by hypertension and sciatica. It also has the ability to stop the development of Alzheimer’s.
How to consume nettle
The nettle plant provides great benefits that benefit the body in many aspects, due to its contributions it can be used in various ways such as the ones we present below:
- In the form of tea: it is the way in which this plant is most consumed, its therapeutic properties provide innumerable benefits for the well-being of the body. The infusion can be prepared with a tablespoon of nettle leaves in a cup of hot water, cover it and let it rest for 5 minutes and then strain before taking it.
- In the form of a poultice: nettle is also used topically to cure various problems that are generated in the skin. For greater effectiveness, an infusion of nettle is made, then a towel is moistened with the tea and placed on the affected area, leaving it to act for approximately 20 minutes.
- In the form of oil: since the oil is very concentrated, it is recommended to dilute it with some vegetable oil. It is simply placed on the affected area and allowed to be absorbed by the skin to take effect.
- In the form of food: to consume this plant and add them to meals, it is necessary to buy those that are suitable for consumption and not use those that are obtained naturally. The best way to consume them is by boiling them before combining them with meals or drinking the juice with fruits or vegetables.
Depending on how this plant is consumed or if we exceed its use, it could cause some adverse reactions or conditions that should be known:
- Care must be taken when having direct contact with fresh leaves, as they can cause irritation or burns.
- The root can sometimes cause irritation of the gastric mucosa or skin allergies.
- Excess consumption of the seed causes a very strong purgative effect.
- The consumption of this plant should be avoided if the person has hypertension, heart disease, kidney failure or heart conditions, as it could worsen their condition.
Nettle tea use conclusion
The nettle plant offers great contributions that help strengthen the immune system to prevent colds, avoid anemia and reduce stress, it is also very useful to lower blood cholesterol levels, stimulate the digestive system, eliminate retention of fluids in the body and accumulated toxins, in addition to improving the conditions that cause various diseases.