The lemon tea , is a drink containing numerous nutritional properties, is rich in minerals and vitamins A, B, E and C, magnesium, pectin, calcium, phosphorus, iron, potassium and zinc. Its consumption provides polyphenols, which allows it to perform antioxidant, lipid-lowering and anti-inflammatory actions that help prevent some diseases and keep the body healthy.
Lemon tea benefits
The infusion of lemon tea is a citrus that provides excellent benefits to the people who consume it. Its antioxidant action detoxifies and eliminates toxins and waste that are concentrated in the body. It is also an antimicrobial and antibacterial thanks to the antiseptic effects it contains.
Consuming lemon tea, serves to improve health due to its natural properties. Among its benefits are:
Balancing pH levels
It is important that acidic pH levels are balanced in the body, since it is the only way to face any disease and be healthy. Lemon tea helps keep them level, since if these levels get out of control, problems, inflammations and infections can develop that can severely affect people’s health.
The body is made up of 75% water, therefore, it is necessary to constantly drink fluids for it to function properly. Lemon tea hydrates the body and boosts the metabolism so that it can expel toxins easily, providing enough oxygen to vital organs.
The frequency of consumption of lemon tea after meals, helps improve digestion, which facilitates the intestinal tract. The alkaline agents that it has, minimize acidity, constipation and stomach problems.
Supports liver function
This organ is one of the most important in the human body, this is because its metabolic activity is vital for its proper functioning and development. Lemon tea serves to increase the production of enzymes, which helps facilitate their functionality.
Contains antioxidant power
This tea has a high level of antioxidants, which favorably control free radicals, which helps prevent aging and some carcinogenic diseases, thanks to its powerful preventive agents.
Helps strengthen the immune system
It contains a high percentage of iron, which helps boost the immune system. Its effects are very positive in preventing colds and maintaining solid and strong organic health.
Strengthens the respiratory system
The high content of vitamin C in lemon tea provides excellent anti-inflammatory properties, which help fight asthmatic problems, the release of phlegm and other respiratory conditions.
The properties of this tea have the ability to eliminate waste, electrolytes and water that are concentrated in the body. Its cleansing agents help stimulate the proper functioning of the excretory and digestive system.
It is ideal for keeping the skin healthy
Being a strong important vitamin C and a high alkaline content that favors the skin, it has the power to fight various bacteria and impurities that are produced by acne. Its potential removes toxins from the blood, which makes it possible to beautify and rejuvenate the skin.
Contains antiseptic properties
Lemon tea contains antiseptic properties, due to this it can be applied on small wounds or abrasions to eliminate the formation of infections.
Serves to promote oral health
It helps to improve gingivitis, relieve discomfort caused by dental pain, protect and whiten teeth, eliminate bad breath and completely clean the oral walls.
It is perfect for fighting inflammation and annoying gas that appears during heavy digestion. It is recommended to have a cup of lemon tea when this occurs, so the symptoms will disappear in a few minutes.
Improves cardiovascular diseases
The composition of this tea contains flavonoids, reduces lipids, blood clotting and inflammation that cause serious problems in the cardiovascular system.
How to drink lemon tea
- Taking 2 cups a day, strengthens the defenses, takes care of the liver and purifies the body.
- The first cup can be taken half an hour before breakfast and the other cup after having lunch, this will promote digestion.
- If you want to lose weight, you should add a cup in the middle of the afternoon and another before sleeping every 2 days. This accompanied by a balanced diet, will eliminate toxins and accumulated fats in the body.
Lemon tea side effects
Despite the fact that lemon tea has great contributions to benefit the body, it can generate some symptoms and side effects that could be harmful to health. Among the most outstanding are:
- Excessive consumption can cause sensitivity and erosion in the enamel of the teeth, especially if the person is sensitive to sudden changes in temperature.
- Constant intake alters the pH level of the intestines and stomach, causing reflux, vomiting and burning.
- Due to its diuretic function, it causes frequent urination, which leads to possible dehydration.
- Pregnant women should not ingest lemon tea, as its consumption can cause a miscarriage.
- The intake of lemon tea allows the accumulation of plaque in the brain, which gives the possibility of the appearance of Alzheimer’s disease in adulthood.
- It can also cause symptoms of diarrhea, stomach pains, ulcers, and irritable bowel syndrome in some people.
- Drinking lemon tea causes the release of calcium through the urine, which could cause osteoporosis disease in the future.
Lemon tea contraindications
- Consuming lemon tea in excess or continuously for long periods, can cause unfavorable conditions for the body, such as stomach problems, dental decalcification, lesions in the mucous membranes and even dehydration.
- People who suffer from problems or diseases such as: rickets, anemia, dysmenorrhea, constipation, acidosis, sores in the throat or mouth, cracks in the tongue, prostatitis, bone fragility, urethritis, rheumatoid arthritis, neurasthenia or demineralization, should avoid the consumption of lemon tea, due to the side effects that may arise from its consumption.
Conclusion of the use of lemon tea
In conclusion, it can be said that lemon tea has a high content of vitamin C, this helps to preserve collagen and strengthen elasticity in bones, muscles, joints, in the walls of arteries and veins. It improves resistance in the immune system, the absorption of iron, oxygenates the blood and fights diseases such as hypertension, menorrhagia and arthritis.
We hope that this information has been of great use to you. Thank you for choosing us!