The Garcinia Cambogia, is known by other names, for example, the malabar tamarind, it is a tropical fruit extracted from a tree, which has become the fastest and natural formula for weight loss , it is widely used in Asian countries and Africa as a natural elixir to definitely fight obesity and lose size.
If you want to know even more about this fruit and its slimming properties, keep reading below.
What is Garcinia Cambogia for?
- Reduce appetite and contribute to the feeling of fullness.
- Optimize metabolism and get you to burn fat quickly.
- Fight constipation, thanks to the fact that the nutrients in the fruit discharge the digestive system.
- Improve circulation, as it prevents fat from adhering to the arterial walls.
- Produce analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Regulate the assimilation of sugar and intervene in the process of synthesis of glucose, which is essential to achieve energy from the body.
- Eliminate lipogenesis, reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides, as it limits the retention of fatty acids that are consumed daily, preventing fat from accumulating in our body.
What is Garcinia Cambogia?
It is the extract taken from a tree known as kudampuli or Malabar Tamarind. It is a tropical fruit especially from Southeast Asia, Africa and Polynesia, where it has been used for decades, as it is an effective natural remedy against overweight and has very interesting properties.
It has gained a lot of popularity in neighboring countries, this is mainly due to the fact that it is used in many typical foods in the area, generally to give a sour touch to seafood.
This element is also known as HCA or hydroxycitric acid, and its effectiveness has been proven by various studies. It should be noted that for the desired results to be achieved, other elements that have a similar dose of HCA are needed.
Mechanism of action
- The body uses enzymes that are responsible for converting unused glucose and energy into fat deposits, which accumulate in different areas of the body making it look disproportionate
- When the HCA of this fruit is present in the body, these enzymes are blocked, preventing the accumulation of fat
- The body will begin to divide the accumulated fat cells, increasing the activity in the metabolism.
- Little by little you will experience a decrease in appetite, getting satiated faster without losing energy
Garcinia Cambogia Benefits
- It has a powerful fat-burning action, it is visible in a short time since the reserves that the body has are beginning to be eliminated
- Increases the production of serotonin, the hormone that is responsible for keeping emotions stable, causing the feeling of happiness and tranquility, therefore, reducing anxiety and appetite
- Prevents the appearance of affections in the genitals
- Increases vitality and body energy
- Strengthens the immune system due to its high content of vitamin C
- It purifies the stomach and intestines, thanks to its detoxifying effect as it is a product rich in fiber
- Provides astringent and antimicrobial qualities, as it has great properties in tannins (a substance of plant origin with antioxidant action)
- Thanks to its different nutrients and properties, it can be used as a food or nutritional supplement
- Decreases the feeling of fatigue or tiredness
In most cases, Garcinia is found in health food stores. Its most common presentation is in capsules, and each package usually has 60 tablets.
In the market there are several brands, and each one in its different presentations recommends a certain daily amount, most are in a range of 500mg and 700mg per tablet, which must be ingested at least 30 minutes before each meal, which means It should be taken only 3 times a day, without exceeding 3000mg.
Overdose or accidental ingestion
It may be the case that at a certain time the recommended daily dose is exceeded, if this happens it is best to ingest large amounts of water, to try to dump the excesses through urine.
In the event of severe symptoms or reactions, you should see a doctor immediately, as it will be necessary to perform a stomach lavage. In an extreme case where the reactions progressively worsen quickly and the health center is far away, it is best to try to induce vomiting.
The consumption of this extract is not recommended for pregnant women or those who are still breastfeeding, especially since it has not yet been determined what negative reactions it may have for the fetus or what it may cause in babies.
On the other hand, it is contraindicated for those who are using anticoagulants, or those who have some type of allergy or hypersensitivity to the active principle of this fruit.
Garcinia Cambogia adverse effects
The truth is that to date it has not been shown that this formula causes any adverse reaction in the body, possibly because it is a completely natural product, and the body assimilates it with great ease.
But it is not exempt from causing allergic reactions at some point in some people. That is why it is best to ask a doctor if it is possible to take it or not, as well as not to exceed the recommended daily doses.
It should be noted that in order to ensure that the extract is assimilated correctly, and the desired results are obtained without presenting any negative reaction, it is important not only to take a tablet before each meal, but to reduce the amount of carbohydrates consumed during the day.
If this article on Garcinia Cambogia has been useful for you , we invite you to visit our website and read other similar entries and tell us your opinion about it.
Dr. Samantha Robson ( CRN: 0510146-5) is a nutritionist and website content reviewer related to her area of expertise. With a postgraduate degree in Nutrition from The University of Arizona, she is a specialist in Sports Nutrition from Oxford University and is also a member of the International Society of Sports Nutrition.