The civics and ethics is a set of principles that guide human behavior and through her personality, self – identity and social dimension are acquired. This training helps us to put into practice new human and social values.
In our home they teach us family values and some that are related to society. With it we can learn about the customs of our community, town or country. Also the principles and behavioral norms of other people. With it you can demonstrate the acquired personality and the demonstration of moral conduct.
Why is civic and ethical training important?
Since it is based on values, it allows us to acquire good training. Thanks to it, the values we learn help ourselves and society in general.
This training serves for society to develop knowledge and learn to live with each other and at the same time have the ability to assume its own commitments to humanity by putting values into practice.
Among the most outstanding benefits found in this training are:
- It has the purpose of teaching that we learn to live and coexist in harmony.
- It allows us to socialize , get to know ourselves and learn to develop self-esteem.
- With it, we learn to take care of ourselves , to feel respect for ourselves and for others, learn to channel and resolve various problems or conflicts appropriately and above all respect diversity in terms of physical, ethnic, emotional and social characteristics.
- It helps to strengthen the spaces that each person has to have a good social coexistence.
- Respect and tolerance are put into practice , although we bear in mind that every human being has dignity and the same rights.
- Learn to comply with rules , as they are necessary to cope with daily life by exposing ourselves to society. Compliance with rules generates tranquility, order and peace.
- It helps us to build, from a very young age , experiences and interactions that favor coexistence with society.
- It helps to improve moral values , so that they influence personal interests and carry out all projects successfully.
- It allows us to recognize the role that each citizen has , to be able to assume the rights and obligations.
Why is civic and ethical training important?
The purpose of this training is to strengthen in students the development and development of the critical capacity that they are capable of transmitting with respect to the human principles that have been formed throughout history, at the same time teaching them the importance of the free and responsible action to improve your personal life.
This set of systematic and organized experiences gives students the possibility of enabling tools that can be applied to have a better capacity to face various challenges within a dynamic and complex society that allows them to improve their performance in social life.
Purposes of civic and ethical training in education
With the study of this training it is intended that students learn what we will mention below:
- That they assume as worthy people, the ability to develop fully through the enjoyment and care of themselves, to have responsibility when making decisions and autonomy to carry out their life projects and at the same time recognize their duties and rights to participate in coexistence with society.
- That they understand that we all have the same dignity, even though we are different in the way we are, believe, think, live, feel, act and live together. That they feel that they have the same right to participate and to assume commitments in improving the social and natural environment.
- That they understand the importance of their freedom to make decisions that require great responsibility and assume an autonomous behavior that favors their performance and that they are attached to ethical principles, moral values and respect for human rights.
What does the subject of civic and ethical training teach?
This subject seeks to strengthen the critical capacity that is related to the principles that humanity develops throughout history and marks the important bases that are needed for a good performance within society.
The development of this training is linked to a set of intellectual strategies that allow responding to various situations that arise in life, in which the moral perspective, knowing how to make decisions, face conflicts, act sensibly, know how to choose options are involved. of value and participate in collective projects.
This subject is intended for students to recognize themselves as worthy people and to learn their rights, so that they have the ability to know how to develop safely and participate in the improvement of living with society.
Learn to make commitments to yourself and to the world where you live through the development of skills, positive attitudes, living with citizens, respecting human rights and democracy.
The subject teaches to build a positive image of oneself, with respect to their characteristics, potentialities, interests and capacities. Also within it, you learn to recognize dignity and autonomy, enjoy, feel security and want to take care of yourself, know how to make decisions of high responsibility and strengthen your emotional well-being.
In the same way, it allows the development of attitudes of rejection in the face of human rights violations, stimulates interest in acquiring knowledge of the rule of law, understanding the meaning of the division of powers and assuming the principles that sustain democracy such as equity. , justice, freedom, equality, legality and solidarity.
What is civics?
It is the attitude that each citizen has within a community and consists of compliance with the rules and obligations that pertain to the place where they reside. Civility imposes various guidelines for social behavior, which allow citizens to live collectively and coexist.
It contains a base that leads to a great variety of behaviors, such as respect for others, nature, the objects that surround us and public institutions, urbanity, education and courtesy, all this leads to being a good citizen.
This behavior is a moral imposition that must be met, where each participant must be part of public opinion, taking into account what their duties and rights are, since they are part of an intellectual culture of a civilized country.
Therefore, a civic citizen must feel love for freedom and respect the law composed of freely elected legislators, who must be aware of the well-being and progress that corresponds to their people, assume an honest job and worship the truth, goodness, justice and especially compliance with the rules.
Why are ethics important?
It is extremely important, since it refers to the customs and behavior of the human being, therefore it is directly related to the behavior and values of each person that are put into practice when sharing with society.
Each human being must be treated with respect within society regardless of their social status and in turn must have a training based on values, rights and equality.
What is citizen training?
It can be said that this training is a process that is part of the socialization that citizens can have among themselves where social values such as participation and responsibility, cooperation and the development of behaving in solidarity with the community are put into practice. community and maintain full respect for coexistence.
Its main purpose is to encourage, through the study of ethics, morals and value towards human beings, the positive transformation in the education of young people so that tomorrow there will be a better performance in society.
Conclusion of civic and ethical training
To conclude, we can say that in order to live in harmony, respect each other and comply with citizen norms appropriately, it is necessary to adhere to and put values into practice, since they favor qualities, honesty, integrity, kindness. and solidarity, which will allow us to act appropriately in our daily lives.
Dr. Samantha Robson ( CRN: 0510146-5) is a nutritionist and website content reviewer related to her area of expertise. With a postgraduate degree in Nutrition from The University of Arizona, she is a specialist in Sports Nutrition from Oxford University and is also a member of the International Society of Sports Nutrition.