A Blog is a virtual space that has become a key part of the internet, where you can express your opinions, ideas, experiences and interests, as well as deal with any topic that is considered transcendental, even using them for business, educational, informative or artistic purposes.
What is the blog for?
A blog allows you to connect with people related to your interests, helping those people to clarify their concerns or instruct them on a specific topic, as you also learn while transmitting the information.
The use for which you decide to use, will depend on what area is focused, either to use it personally, publishing your day-to-day, placing topics of your interest, or to use it as a work tool, making it a key piece and almost essential to inform, promote products and services, and generate visibility.
What is a blog?
It is a page or website in which articles and updated content on a specific topic are published periodically.
These articles or posts, as they are known in English, also receive the name of entries, each publication being presented in reverse chronological order, that is, the most recent entries will appear first.
To better illustrate the topics covered, blog articles are usually supplemented with:
How did blogging get started?
They began from the beginning as virtual spaces where people could share photos and videos, and in the same way express their thoughts, ideas and opinions.
They are usually written, written and edited by a single person who is the one who handles them, in other cases they are originated together, such as virtual magazines that have a huge number of followers and a great credibility among their readers.
Types of Blogs
When we talk about how it works, we cannot generalize, since not all blogs are the same and each one is oriented to different objectives; In other words, what may work for one type of blog may not work for another.
Next, you will know the types of blogs and what is the objective of each one of them, so that you know which one is the one for what you want to do.
When it is professional it is the ideal method to get new clients and earn a lot of money, oriented to a certain market niche.
In these types of blogs you offer a quality product or service, where you can notice that after each promoted post, you will receive invitations to register for the blog or they will offer you to hire a specific service.
The main objective is to achieve a communication link between customers and the company, they are created by large companies, in order to generate trust, achieve customer loyalty, as well as increase sales, the number of customers and the visibility of the brand on the internet.
When they are branded, it is used to publicize a professional brand, but giving it a unique and personal touch, achieving greater closeness with customers.
The objective is to share information about a specific topic, while sharing personal experiences at the same time, achieving a more positive and spontaneous image of the brand, as well as gaining greater visibility to increase possible future sales.
In this type of niche blog, the important thing is not to get a loyal community of readers, since they are blogs oriented to achieve positioning in Google with a certain keyword and once that positioning is achieved, you will not need to maintain a high rate of publications.
They are the ideal type to experiment and reinforce your SEO tricks or techniques.
The staff is one of the most created. The important thing when deciding to have this type of blog is to create a strategy to achieve a loyal community of followers or readers.
Through this type, people can relax a little more and in turn gain experience in the world of blogging. Through the personal blog, the author talks about his day-to-day life, his experiences, as well as sharing his personal opinions about different topics of common interest or relevance today.
· Network Private:
These are created simply to form a private blog network to improve the positioning of a website through links to generate income, these blogs do not require a community of readers, or constant monitoring or publication.
How does a blog work?
These allow you to insert links to other websites and other blogs, in order to confirm or ratify the subject being discussed, to expand the information, thus providing greater credibility and value to the publication.
In addition, it has the function that visitors and readers can comment on what they have read in the publications if they wish, they can comment to make some constructive criticism, suggestion about an article that has not been discussed, to contribute and complement with data that they believe are relevant or simply to congratulate you on your good work and how useful the entry has been.
Tips for managing a blog
- Post regularly, you will increase constant visitor traffic.
- Share quality content and gain credibility in the community.
- That your titles capture the attention of the readers.
- Try to write entries neither too long nor too short, since people tend to lose their attention after reading 1500 words.
- Select a prominent image that describes what you will talk about in the article.
- Use keywords or terms that people use in search engines.
- If you plan to create a professional blog to try to earn a living, keep in mind that this will be the entrance through the front door of your business, so you must be able to connect with the client so that they return or want to buy on your web space if they do. you have is an online store.
- If you decide to create a blog where you can publish as many articles as you want and open your imagination, remember that it will be the kind face that the reader will meet, so it is necessary to make a good impression, being as spontaneous as possible, giving a unique appearance and fresh to your page.
- Creating a blog is not very complicated, you can easily create and install your blog on the web, publish what you want and start attracting readers quickly.
- It is important that you know that you will have to dedicate some time and effort, work hard and be constant in your efforts if you want to create excellent entries and content, to add value to your blog.
Now that you know what a blog is for and all the potential they have if you decide to work on it, dare to enter this world where you will find a super competitive virtual community, but at the same time enriching on a professional and personal level.
Dr. Samantha Robson ( CRN: 0510146-5) is a nutritionist and website content reviewer related to her area of expertise. With a postgraduate degree in Nutrition from The University of Arizona, she is a specialist in Sports Nutrition from Oxford University and is also a member of the International Society of Sports Nutrition.