The allegra D , is an antihistamine and decongestant with the function of controlling the levels of histamine produced by the body that focus on H1 receptors. It has the property of effectively improving the symptoms related to seasonal allergic rhinitis, nasal congestion, runny nose, itchy throat and eye irritations in both children and adults.
Allegra D benefits
It has the ability to provide excellent benefits to treat a wide variety of congestive processes and allergic symptoms that affect the eyes, the skin, and the respiratory tract. All this is due to the properties of its active antihistamine components of fexofenadine and the nasal decongestants of phenylephrine.
This antihistamine is used to treat and improve the following symptoms and conditions:
- Idiopathic chronic urticaria.
- Flow or discharge of mucus in the nose.
- Irritation and itching of the eyes.
- Autumn colds.
- Symptoms of the common cold.
- Hives, hives, and rashes.
- Nasal congestion.
- Constant tearing
- Burning and itching in the nose, palate and throat.
- Severe allergies in the respiratory tract and on the skin.
How to take allegra D
To use this medicine, the following indications should be taken into account:
- It should be used strictly as directed on the label or as prescribed by the physician.
- The dose should be as indicated and it is not recommended to exceed the amount or time prescribed.
- Even if the symptoms have disappeared, the treatment should be finished as indicated by the doctor.
- The tablet should be swallowed whole and not crushed, chewed, or broken before taking it.
- If after 7 days of treatment, no improvement is noticed or reactions such as headaches, fever, skin rash or cough appear, a doctor should be called immediately.
- In the event of a surgical intervention, the surgeon must know the use of this treatment.
- Its effectiveness will depend, if the dose is taken at the right moment and time.
- It is important to keep it out of the reach of children.
- It is recommended to store it in a place that is at room temperature, away from heat and moisture.
Recommended doses of allegra D
This drug should be taken in a responsible and controlled manner, the dose should not be exceeded and they will depend on the level of the condition and age, due to this the following doses may be recommended:
Tablets for seasonal allergies
- For those over 12 years of age, the doses of 60 milligrams in 2 doses a day or 120 milligrams in a single daily dose correspond.
Oral suspension for seasonal allergies
- In children from 2 to 11 years old, doses of 30 milligrams are recommended in 2 doses during the day.
- For conditions with decreased adequate kidney function, the dose should be a maximum of 30 milligrams per day.
Allegra D precautions
Before using this medicine, you should be informed of the precautions to be taken regarding possible adverse effects that can harm the body. Here are the most important ones:
- It should be used with great care if you have diabetes mellitus, increased intraocular pressure, hyperthyroidism, kidney failure, high blood pressure, cardiovascular problems or prostatic hypertrophy.
- During the taking of this treatment, the use of antacids should be avoided, as they delay the effect of the medicine.
- When using this medicine, confusion of thoughts, lack of visibility or a behavior of alteration in behavior can occur, therefore, it is necessary to avoid driving vehicles, operating machinery or performing activities that require concentration.
- The intake of alcoholic beverages can alter the effect of this medicine and cause collateral damage.
- It is recommended to inform the doctor if you are using any decongestant and antihistamine to take precautions and avoid overdose.
- This medicine cannot be mixed with any type of liquid other than water or some natural fruit juice.
Allegra D side effects
During the use of this medicine, a wide variety of common or serious side effects can occur unexpectedly. If that happens, it is recommended to call the doctor or go to an emergency center as soon as possible. Some of those side effects are:
Common side effects
- Throat irritation
- Stomach aches.
- Feeling of dryness in the mouth
- Back pains.
Serious side effects
- Soft spot.
- Difficulty to sleep.
- Uncontrollable tremors in some areas of the body.
- Blurry vision.
- Swelling in the hands, calves, feet and ankles.
- Difficulty to swallow.
- Few urine samples.
- Swelling of the face, eyes, mouth, tongue, and throat.
- Skin rash.
- Acceleration in heart rate.
- Constant perspiration.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Severe pain in the chest
- Muscle tension.
Allegra D contraindications
It is important before starting to use this medicine that the treating physician is informed if there is any illness or disease that may prevent its use or require a special prescription. Among the most prominent contraindications are:
- It should not be used if there is hypersensitivity to the drug or any of its components, in which case the doctor should be aware.
- It should not be administered in the case of conditions or diseases of severe hypertension, hyperthyroidism, narrow-angle glaucoma, coronary arteries or due to fluid retention or urination.
- It is contraindicated in children under 12 years of age.
- It should be avoided during pregnancy and during lactation periods, as it could cause side effects.
- In case of receiving treatments with monoamine oxidase inhibitors or before 14 days after stopping said treatment, this drug should not be used.
Conclusion of the use of allegra D
To conclude, it can be said that this excellent drug can be used to decongest, relieve and treat various allergic conditions due to its effective antihistamine and antiallergic power, which have the ability to block the effectiveness of the histamine that produces the symptoms of fever. hay, stuffy nose, sneezing, red and itchy eyes, throat and nose, runny nose, among other conditions.
We are very pleased that you have enjoyed this information. Thank you for choosing us!